Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pink and Book-y

March 18th, 2009

I love this picture. It's just my glasses on a Bible on my nightstand at home, but it just looks so peaceful and pink and book-y. I really want a new digital camera. A good one. I'm having a serious case of camera covetousness. Bad!

Actually, in my Religion and Violence class we've been learning all about the mechanisms surrounding human desire, and it's very enlightening. Basically all desire, according to Rene Girard, is actually mimetic - humans mimicking each other, or another thing. This is where rivalry starts.... very Cain and Abel-esque. Cool, though.

Now we've transitioned into the non-violence part of the course, and are reading the Bhagavad-Gita, which is interesting. Well, homework calls. So does bed, but homework calls louder.

Non-violently,

Tiffany

1 comments:

Alana said...

This pic is awesome, I enjoyed it. Definitely made me remember you bringing that beautiful pink and brown Bible to DG. I miss being in DG with you. I'm sending my love your way :)