Saturday, January 24, 2009

... This Cannot Be!

January 24th 2009

.....
WOW.

I am shocked by an article I just read. Let me paraphrase: basically, a family went to a grocery store to get their son a personalized birthday cake. The store refused, based on the fact that the name the parents requested be inscribed on the cake was innapropriate.

What was the child's name, you ask?

Guess. Seriously. Just guess.

ADOLPH HITLER. That's right. They named their child Adolph Hitler Campbell. The couple also has two other children: Joyce Lynn Aryan Nation Campbell, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell. What. The. Heck.

You can read the whole article here: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Adolf-Hitler-Sisters-Taken-from-Parents-Home.html

Apparently, the children were removed from the home recently, but it's unknown as to why. The parents also deny that they are neo-Nazis or admire Hitler (?!)

This is just so puzzling to me - why would parents that appear (in the videos on the above website) to care for their children, give them such horrible names? Names that are just ASKING for trouble? There is a LOT of inherent stigma in those names. I really feel for these children - and their parents, too. What a misguided choice on behalf of the parents, and what trauma awaits the children if their names are not changed!! I'll be praying for the whole Campbell family - maybe you will be, too? The children deserve a normal childhood, and the parents need a change of heart. Preferably towards Jesus.

Oh man. Now I am searching up terrible baby names. My goodness!

All for having discretion in naming children,
Tiffany

1 comments:

Alana said...

Tiff! I can definitely relate to you need for routine. I crave routine as well, like you mentioned I still do enjoy spontaneity once and a while, but I need routine in my daily schedule. If something comes up that is not part of my daily routine then I a) forget about it and don't show up and/or b) it throws my whole schedule off and I get mixed up on what day it is. Amen to need routine. We should start a club lol. Love you.