Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Turn my Camera On!

I am extremely and weirdly fascinated with this thing. How many times have I watched it?? It's just so darn cute - and a better dancer than I am.

Beats studying.





Well, I bit the bullet (what a strange saying) and got my nose pierced at this studio called Nighthawk (downtown) yesterday. The piercer's name was Mark and he was very nice, polite, helpful, and soforth. I think I had palpitations. But it wasn't too bad, nothing compared to the tragus (during which I remember saying "Oww..ow..ow ow ow ow" in a rather alarmed tone), but still painful. I had some pretty extreme eye watering, but that is expected with any injury to the nose! It bled for a little while, which moderately freaked me out, but I think I did fairly well, especially considering that I went alone. I felt brave. It's doing fine today, there was a little bit of blood around the tiny silver ball when I woke up this morning, but nothing a little sea salt soak couldn't handle. I'm pretty happy with it. Nobody seems to notice it so far, which is a little weird, but I don't feel like going "LOOK! LOOK AT MY NOSE!!!", so I guess I'll just wait.

Easter was really great, got to see the whole 'fam, including many babies :)

I watched Jesus Christ Superstar for the second time in about 5 years, and I have mixed feelings about it. I'm not too sure if it's an accurate representation of the crucifixion or not, but it certainly is a good musical. I also don't know what to think of the gospel being figured into a rock opera, but maybe I'm being a little too uptight. I'm sure God would not mind, if it got the message across and worked to usher more of his lost sheep into the Kingdom. The relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus was a little questionable, as well. The songs are great, though!! Especially this one - my absolute favorite from the movie (inconviently nowhere to be found on itunes). It's called "Could We Start Again Please", and takes place soon after Jesus is arrested. Mary, Peter and the rest of the apostles express how much they wish things had turned out differently for Jesus - oblivious to the fact that his death had to occur, and that it would be the saving grace for all mankind. I'm so glad that we know how the story would turn out!




I'm also a bit dissapointed that the movie ends with Jesus still on the cross, and everyone leaving on a bus, the same way that they got there. They skip the best part!! What use is the crucifixion without the resurrection? It wouldn't matter if Jesus simply died - but he rose again, victory over death (and sin). That's the main point. Anyway, despite it's downfalls, it's still a great Easter flick. The broadway production is apparently coming to Thunder Bay in May, and I kind of desperately want to see it - the same guy (Ted Neeley) is still playing Jesus, at like, sixty years old! How cool! It's his farewell tour, so it would be really neat to see the "authentic" guy play Jesus for one of the last times. Want to go? Hmmm??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, I loved that little dancing yellow guy. Slightly hypnotic, but incredibly adorable. :)
Second, Yay for a nose ring! I want to see it! I guess I'll see it at the banquet. We can be nose ring buddies. :D
Third, I've never seen Jesus Christ Superstar. I always had this idea in my head that it was sacrilege. Maybe I should watch it sometime.
:)
Fourth, I like you Tiffany Hann. You're great. :D

Tiffany said...

Woohoo nose ring buddies! I just love that little "Keepon" lol... it is just so happy!

You should definitely give Jesus Christ Superstar a watch sometime - it's worth it! Not much in the way of sacrilege :P

I like you too!! Haha!

And yaaaaayyyy for banquet!