Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Let us Be

We bow our hearts, we bend our knees
O Spirit come make us humble
We turn our eyes from evil things
O Lord we cast down our idols

Give us clean hands, give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Give us clean hands, give us pure hearts us not lift our souls to another

O God let us be a generation that seeks
That seeks your face O God of Jacob
O God let us be a generation that seeks
That seeks your face O God of Jacob

We sang this at praise & worship on Tuesday, and I must say, it is one of my up-and-coming favourite songs.

I think it's interesting to note, it's not "let me be a person that seeks your face", but "let us be a generation". It's not all about us as individuals - we need to seek out others to invite into glory with us.

As the beginning of the project video for North Africa states: "What is the greatest crime in the desert? Finding water and keeping silent." - Arab proverb. We have found the water.

Well, I've just finished my application for Summer Staff at ABK. I hope that I will have that goal in mind, should I be chosen to serve there this summer - to share the gospel to all who have ears to hear or eyes to see.

Study time now - there will be no going anywhere this summer if I don't pass my classes *gulp*

0 comments: