Sunday, March 25, 2007

Weekend thoughts

So.

I am probably the biggest procrastinator everrrrrr right now. I had all day to work on my final essay due in english on Tuesday, and I pretty much did nothing. Well, I did laundry, but that is besides the point. So, maybe I will start it now - I just realized that I have DG tomorrow and it truly struck fear into my heart, as it dawned on me that all that time I assumed I had to work on this paper will be replaced by DG time. Siiiiigh.

So, I had this really weird dream last night. I dreamt that I was at the C4C formal, and I looked down at myself and my dress (that has a tiny hole at one of the seams) was full of gaping holes. I ended up pinning a tank top to it on the inside, but it kept riding up/falling down in front of everyone. Let's hope that doesn't happen, okay?

This weekend was FOP (Festival of Planning) with C4C, which turned out to be a really great experience, and it helped me to put things in focus concerning next year and the role I will be playing, which while minor, has some real importance if you regard it in the long (as in, eternal) run. It's just great, I find, to be a part of a large group of believers that are all striving for the same goal, and working towards the same objective. I like the feeling of being part of "the body". I also spent some time reflecting on the great relationships I have made with various people this year, and how blessed I feel because of it. I am constantly just basking in the warmth of friendship that I have found this year. I thought back to Summit, in October, and how unsure and strange I felt, not really knowing anyone, not feeling that I "fit in". I can clearly see how God has sent certain people into my life that help me to grow, help me to mature and become more confident. I am so thankful!

We took some pictures at FOP of the awesome legacy of discipleship that has been taking place among the women of C4C - it forms a huge "family tree", starting with Kirsten, and then passing down through 3 subsequent generations. It was neat to think that someday I might be able to pass on the gift of discipling another girl, and add to the chain. It was pretty awe-inspiring.

11 days until Easter!

0 comments: